Friday, October 26, 2007

*sighs*

Well I just heard the news today
It seems my life is going to change
I closed my eyes begin to pray
Then tears of joy stream down my face



She seemed dressed in all of me
Stretched across my shame
All the torment and the pain
Leaped through and covered me
I'd do anything to have her to myself
Just to have her for myself
Now I don't know what to do
I don't know what to do
When she makes me sad



Restless tonight
'cause I wasted the light
Between all these times
I drew a really thin line
It's nothing I've planned
And nothing I can
But you should be mine
Across that line
If I traded it all
If I gave it all away for one thing Just for one thing
If I sorted it out
If I knew all about this one thing Wouldn't that be something



Where is your boy tonight? I hope he is a gentleman.
Maybe he won't find out what I know
You were the last good thing about this part of town.
When I wake up, I'm willing to take my chances on the hope
I forget that you hate him more than you notice
I wrote this for you




Hey there Delilah
What's it like in New York City?
I'm a thousand miles away
But girl tonight you look so pretty
Yes you do
Times Square can't shine as bright as you
I swear it's true
Hey there Delilah
Don't you worry about the distance
I'm right there if you get lonely
Give this song another listen
Close your eyes
Listen to my voice it's my disguise
I'm by your side



When I see your smile
Tears run down my face I can't replace
And now that I'm stronger I've figured out
How this world turns cold and breaks through my soul
And I know I'll find deep inside me I can be the one

I will never let you fall
I'll stand up with you forever
I'll be there for you through it all
Even if saving you sends me to heaven

Seasons are changing
And waves are crashing
And stars are falling all for us
Days grow longer and nights grow shorter
I can show you I'll be the one
Seasons are changing
And waves are crashing
And stars are falling all for us
Days grow longer and nights grow shorter
I can show you I'll be the one
Cause you're my, you're my, my true love, my whole heart
Please don't throw that away
Cause I'm here for you
Please don't walk away,
Please tell me you'll stay, stay
Use me as you will
Pull my strings just for a thrill
And I know I'll be okay
Though my skies are turning gray


No comments: